Friday, November 2, 2007

Wyatt Daniel Patrick Highley











Wyatt was born on October 25th at 7:59 am. He was 10 pounds 8 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. He is so precious! We had awesome nurses and they fell in love with him. It was great for me because I felt like we got extra-special treatment. I had a nurse named Susan two nights in a row and she told me that she had bonded with him. She called herself grandma to him and she took him with her to her little area where she did her notes so that I could sleep. She didn't even take him to the nursery. He just visited at the nurses station. What a blessing!
I've had lots of help since we came home on Sunday. My sisters have been here and my mom. It's so nice to have family. The boys have enjoyed getting to spend time with their aunts. Auntie Laura had to go home on Tuesday and Aunt Chrissy will go home on Saturday. The boys are going to be so sad (especially Owen).

Judd has done better than expected. He kept telling me over and over how much he loved me in the hospital. I hope that I'm confirming to him that he hasn't lost his place in my heart. I have room for three. He has been sick so he has been grouchy but I don't think it's related to the baby. He seems to be doing better today.
Owen has been the best big brother. He has listened so well and just enjoyed having family here with us. He loves running around with Aunt Chrissy. She has spoiled him a bit since she has been here. We have been so proud of his behavior.

Brad has been working some and helping at home. He's always so good with the boys. Even at the hospital he could take Wyatt and walk him and soothe him. The boys have enjoyed having him home more than normal. We both feel a little overwhelmed (and very tired) at times but we mostly feel so blessed. We are both so thankful for theses sweet little boys and for all of our family and friends that have supported and prayed for us. Keep up the prayers! We have our work cut out for us.

3 comments:

kitzkazventure said...

So glad you posted some pictures. We will have to come by after all your family leaves. We have some pics of Nick with the Turtle on. He loved it and wore it all day. Thank you so much for sharing! Wyatt is so cute and snugly! Can't wait to hold him. I know you feel better even if a little sore. Let me know if I can help! Tell the boys that Nick says Hi! Karen

Kim Mac said...

Wow, Dannette! You have three very, very cute boys!! I'm so glad you posted pics!

Kristina said...

Love those astronaut suits! akml

MY THREE SONS.....Owen, Judd, and Wyatt.