Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wyatt's Two Week Check-Up


My sweet baby boy was 11 lbs. and 4 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long at his two week check-up (he was about 2 1/2 weeks actually). The doctor was happy (and a little amazed) at his weight gain. We were at the doctor's office about 13 days prior and he was 10 lbs. He lost down to 9 lbs. 15 oz. when we left the hospital.


I am enjoying every moment. I know that this is my last baby (permanently taken care of) and at times I feel some sadness. I love the cuddly baby stage. I know that I can NOT go through another pregnancy. Could you imagine?!? What if my next one was 12 lbs.? Also, I'll be 35 in a week or so. We are still open to adoption if the Lord lays it on our hearts, paves the way, and provides the resources. Time will tell.

Are these kids cute or what?!? Our Life Group had a Halloween Party on the Monday I came home from the hosptial. I wasn't able to attend but Brad and Owen went. They also celebrated Owen's birthday. It was such a blessing to me because we hadn't been able to celebrate with them because of my pre-term labor and the craziness at the end of the pregnancy. We have three kids missing from the picture (Judd, Emily, and Wyatt). We also have two on the way. That will make 10 kids and 10 adults. It's fun but crazy!!!
I will try my best to blog more often. We still haven't settled in to a routine. I have a feeling things will be this way until after the holidays.



2 comments:

hair chick said...

Dannette
I truly empathize with you. With our third baby on the way, I am so torn about it being our last. But my pregnancies are horrific. I stay soo sick for nine months that I actually lose weight. However, these BIG BOUNCING BABIES are soo worth it. We are definitely keeping our hearts open to adoption as well. Happy Thanksgiving to your beautiful family.~BLESSINGS~

kitzkazventure said...

Oh my goodness, I need to hold Wyatt soon. Probably will need to come over as soon as Thanksgiving is over unless I can sneak in earlier. He is soooo sweet! My sister is sending the Flight suit that I bought my nephew for when he was about Nick's age so I will have to dress him up and bring him over so the boys can "fly" together. We missed you at Bunco. Just won't be the same without you! We didn't play....Carrie has a nice big round table so we all just sat around it and talked! I will hopefully see Shannon and her sweet boy on Thursday. Thanks for putting keeping up your blog....I was anxiously awaiting a new pic! Talk to you soon! Karen

MY THREE SONS.....Owen, Judd, and Wyatt.