Friday, December 28, 2007

Most Played with Christmas Present

I bet you can't guess what the boys (Owen and Judd) have played with the most. The BOX that their John Deere Gator came in. It's a bat cave with windows and doors. They have loved playing with it but if you know me very well then you know I'm ready to throw it away. I can only handle clutter for so long. I believe everything has a place and it should be in it's place.

This has been a fun and busy Christmas (with the exception of Christmas day). We had Christmas with the Glass Family on Saturday (22nd) but we had to go in shifts because Judd was contagious with strep-throat. This was the first time that Brad's parents have had to bring the kids home in the middle of the night (2am). Judd had a fever and wanted me. My little mama's boy! This is also the first time that any of my kids have gotten strep. I can't figure out where or who he caught it from. Did you know that babies don't get strep-throat the fist year of life because their tonsils aren't developed? I was glad to know that the baby wasn't at risk and luckily Owen didn't catch it.

We spent Christmas eve at my parents house with my parents and Brad's parents. My mom cooked a delicious traditional meal and the boys enjoyed opening gifts from Grams and Paps. On Christmas morning Brad's parents came but couldn't stay long because his mom had caught the strep-throat. My parents came for lunch but didn't stay long either. We are hoping the boys have some cousins soon because it was a long Christmas day with out family here to spend it with. We had dinner with the Goble family the day after Christmas. We have 11 great-grandchildren now so we rented a building and it was so nice.

I have so many cute stories of things the boys do and say. I will sit down and post them soon. I'm constantly amazed at them. Wyatt is growing fast (he's huge) and I think he will be able to hold his own with his brothers.

One quick Owen story....he told Brad that God is magic because they put him on that cross and he came back to life. Brad agreed. It's so nice when you realize some things you teach eventually sink in. Blessings everyone....more another day.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Hi, ya'll! I just discovered your blog -- I don't know how I have missed it until now. Love the name!

I will have to catch up but it was fun reading about your Christmas. The Pittman's girls have strep as well, and for Grace that is pretty scary. I didn't know that about babies, so Eli is safe as well.

Miss you at BSF! At least now I can keep up with you and the boys. Well, I was going to say see you at Bunco, but that's not true either. Hope to see you soon, take care -- akml

MY THREE SONS.....Owen, Judd, and Wyatt.