Saturday, December 15, 2007

Beware of Portrait Innovations

What we will do to get pictures of our children! I made an appointment two weeks in advance to have portraits done at Portrait Innovations. On the day of pictures, I got up very early to get everyone bathed, the fed, and fed again. I talked my sweet aunt into going with me to help out. This was a first with three kids so I wasn't confident that I could handle it on my own. We arrived a few minutes early, loaded out of the van and went inside to be informed that we didn't have an appointment. The girl didn't even look to see if I had written down the wrong day (which I know that I did NOT). She just told me that they could get me in sometime after Christmas. I was not happy. They didn't care one bit. Others have told me that this has also happened to them. You get what you pay for. I will never use Portrait Innovations again. We were able to get in that afternoon (nap time) to The Picture People. I was happy with my pictures and Portrait Innovations missed out on a large sale!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

How awful! Customer service is a lost art these days. I'm glad that you were able to get their picture made at least but what a hassle I know that was. Be sure to post a few, if you can. akml

MY THREE SONS.....Owen, Judd, and Wyatt.